Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Bring on the Fall

I know there are a lot of people out there lamenting the fact that the summer is almost over (children are already starting school!) - but not this girl. Generally after enjoying the sunshine and several sunshine related activities for an early August weekend I am 100% ready for the Fall. It's my favorite time of year. Jeans. Boots. Rain coats. Hot coffee (although I drink that all year). Pumpkin patches. Warm apple cider. Flickering candle light. A cozy blanket. A good book. The sound of heavy rain on the roof. I love every bit of all of that. 

I guess that one thing I'm not eagerly anticipating is the spiders. Thankfully we don't have a whole lot of poisonous spiders out here but we do have ones that are big (enough) and hairy (enough) to make my blood run cold. Every year I encounter one of these "wolf" spiders in my home and I'm not looking forward to what that story will be like this year. 

But I guess in the grand scheme of things, the Fall season makes me happy and dealing with spiders is just worth it.


linking up with...




20 comments:

  1. Me too, me too!! I NEVER lament the end of summer--maybe the end of summer freedoms, the end of summer vacations (even little ones), but I love the fall too--Bring it on indeed!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love autumn too! It's been smelling a bit autumny around here recently and it makes my heart skip with happiness. Can't wait to get my boots out again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous web! I like fall - but not too soon. This year I think it came a bit too soon, but I guess I´m OK with it after all. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't you wonder HOW a spider can make sure a mastermind of architecture? I always do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I couldn't agree with you more - bring on Fall!

    ReplyDelete
  6. yay for fall..it's my favorite!!!!!!! great shot too btw!

    ReplyDelete
  7. awesome web shot. i finally got a butterfly pic the other day, but spider web is still on the "must shoot" list. love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A lovely lighted pattern. We get Black Widows
    :{

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the way you've described Fall :) This will be my first fall in the states, though I have a feeling San Francisco doesn't have much of a fall to talk about.
    Eeks about the spiders too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Autumn (what we call fall) and spring are my favourite times of the year. Yours sounds wonderful. I detest wolf spiders too, yuck!
    Cool spider's web though, love the bokeh background!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome web picture! I love fall too, but for me it means getting back to work each year, so I don't like to say it out loud... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm always sad when summer is nearly over, but I'm also very happy -- at the same time -- that it'll be Autumn. Autumn is one of my four favorite seasons! ;) I love the web picture! Spiders are kind of creepy, but they can leave behind such pretty webs.

    **fixed typo lol

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great shot! Don't like spiders, but when I find one at home, I push it into a box and take her outside! But last week, one of them of consequent size jumped out of the box and run to hide in some corner of my living room! He he he!
    My favourite season is Spring! Don't like Winter at all. And when Autumn is there, winter isn't very far! Argggh!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a delicate picture...beautiful! The filaments shining in the light make such a lovely pattern. Thanks for linking up, and nice to meet you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Visiting from "Favorite Photo of the Week". Gosh, it is on my photo bucket list to capture a beautiful spider web like you have done! Bravo!

    Kathy

    www.youllshootyoureyeout-kathy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nice shot! I agree 100%...fall is my favorite time of year. I was looking at my Uggs today and wishing it were cold enough to wear em'! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very cool and creative shot! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!!