Monday, December 19, 2011

Checking it Twice

15. Hug my brother's child
(see 50x50 to the left)

DONE. Done... DONE DONE DONE... and many more huggings to come.

Never. In my wildest dreams had I imagined I'd get to check off number #15 as soon as I did. When I typed that up last May(ish).... Elijah wasn't even a glimmer in his mother's eye... And now, through the miraculous gift of adoption, he's my brother's child. I'll never get tired of saying that.

When I never got the chance to hold my sweet niece Genevieve - I wondered (a minuscule amount in comparison to her mom and dad I'm sure) what God was thinking. 
I HATE to see family in pain and that was about all I could take. 

BUT (side note: the word BUT is one of the greatest in all of scripture because it means something great is about to happen) 

God never wondered. His plans are wonderful.


So you have not received a spirit that makes you fearful slaves. Instead, you received God’s Spirit when he adopted you as his own children. Now we call him, “Abba, Father.”
Romans 8:15
(I could go on and on with scripture meant for today)...


I had the opportunity to meet him yesterday for the first time... all of 3 weeks old. You'll see a lot more of this photoshoot throughout the week. Next to baby Jesus - this is the greatest Christmas present to ever come in infant form.



9 comments:

  1. What beautiful shots, and what a gift to give them, on top of a wonderful gift they already received!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so wonderful and the pictures precious. Praise God!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joy, joy! So happy for you and your family, Christina. What a gift! {and what gorgeous photos of those priceless tiny feet!}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you saying you got to meet Elijah? Is he not the cutest? I love the dimple in his chinny-chin-chin. These photos are gorgeous. And I love all that you have to say.
    Ant Alice

    ReplyDelete
  5. How absolutely wonderful! Those shots of those tiny hands and feet are so sweet. What treasures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful post, divine images & wonderful scriptures!
    And isn't God good??!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! We adopted our now 9 year old boy at christmas nine years ago. What an amazing day. I know just how your family is feeling!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!!