Monday, December 12, 2011

This little light of mine...

I've come to the conclusion that I'm weak. And so are you.

I get burnt out. And so do you.

I'm educated... I'm smart... I'm outgoing... energetic... married to an awesome man... I've got all of that - but it doesn't cut it. I try to be an example and I try to be the person that I want students to look up to (working in ministry) and yet... I don't see fruit - I don't see any growth... Then, I realize it's because I don't see and fruit or growth in MY OWN LIFE. 

It's come to my attention that in order to be an example for others - I've got to follow the ultimate example on my own FIRST. Then, ministry won't be a "job" or something to check off my proverbial "to do list" - rather it will be a natural outpouring of my relationship with Jesus Christ. 

I can only be a light to others if I've got the light shining THROUGH me... from the inside out.


Second photo... I finally had a weekend where there wasn't much going on and I had FREE TIME on my hands (who knew that even existed??)... So I was getting a little bored and decided I would discover new things in my camera. This is the first of many "multiple exposure" shots I'm sure I'll be putting up as long as Christmas lights are hung.


5 comments:

  1. I read a fab quote by George Muller the other day about this. I wish I could remember the exact wording, but it was basically saying that we need to put our own personal holiness and following Jesus first in everything. Rather than focussing on how we can serve or glorify him we just need to follow him first. It struck me, because so often I'm super busy looking for ways I can serve God, when I'm actually just getting distracted from him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I am weak, and sometimes I'm fine with that.

    I really like the second shot. Can't wait to see more like this.

    Have a great week, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just watched a Bible study and in it the commentator said that we should set aside self and rely on God, but all too often we set aside God and rely on self…. so true! I love your thoughts because they just reiterated that thought in a different way. HMMMM, maybe God is trying to tell me something, LOL! I love you Scripture and a Snapshot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful words from you and the bible. Your pictures fit so is great.

    Regards from Norway!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!!