Sunday, April 3, 2011

A Matter of Perspective

They say that the determining factor for how "dangerous" a neighborhood might be is all a matter of perspective - whether or not you are on the inside, or on the out. If you live in the "ghetto" ~ and you are used to living there ~ chances are you'll view your neighborhood as less dangerous than an outsider might view it. 

That is the case for Tillicum. I admit that I live here and receive some weird looks - but that's because this place has a certain reputation. In college my volleyball coach wouldn't stop the van to eat at the local Taco Bell because, God forbid, she'd have to stop in Tillicum. 

Eventually, I'll get up the nerve to start some Tillicum profiles - posts on the people who live here and just ask them their story. Until then we'll have to settle for playing with perspective in the most literal sense.



One of the things I love about having a daily photo blog is that it forces me to look at what I'd normally pass over - on a stroll through the park I found this skateboard wheel. I love the juxtaposition of the rough and smooth and the way the colors in the wheel pull your eye to the rocks and moss. 

It's different. 
Sure. 
But so is Tillicum.




5 comments:

  1. Beautiful post and I agree with you about the perspective part.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these shots!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice =) Can't wait to see some Tillicum people profiles! That would be amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!!