Friday, April 1, 2011

You Live Where?

It's not an April Fool's joke. It's true. I live in Tillicum. And I kinda like it. :) I guess you'd have to if you lived here... either that or you don't have a choice. I hear lots of reaction towards my living in Tillicum but yesterday was one of the best:


"I know I'm ghetto but even I couldn't live here." - Q ... We swapped some stories of local crazy and had a good time.


Last night I had a rare opportunity to take some photos of a friend getting a tattoo... in Tillicum. 


(I had the same reaction as you.... A tattoo? In TILLICUM? are those needles clean?) 


Tattoo parlors can have a certain sense of intimidation for a tattoo-less gal like me - but Union Avenue Tattoo is somethin' else. Clean. Friendly. Talented. I hung out for 20 minutes or so waiting for my friend to show up and just wandered around checking out the artwork and listening to the sounds of fresh ink in the room next door. I never got the chance to take a photo of my friend's work in progress but captured some of the prep time. I hope I'll be back. I like the place - you should check it out if you're in the market.



Union Avenue Tattoo



"Thy Will Be Done"... in English instead of Greek so there's no inadvertent sacrilege. 

3 comments:

  1. Wow...love the photos. After you left there was a lot of talk about religion and government...always interesting subjects. I really like the angle and lighting on the top photo of the flash on the wall...nicely done!

    Can't wait to see more photos of Tillicum from an artistic eye.

    ReplyDelete
  2. excellent focus...and unfocus!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is very 'edgy'. LOL
    Good to hear from you again---I lost you somehow. MB

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!!