Monday, May 23, 2011

If I'm the branch

(I need) Motivation Monday

If He is the Vine and I am the branch, what kind of fruit do I produce? 
Is it a fruit that is appealing to the eye? To the heart?
Every gardener has to do a little pruning in order for the plant to produce fruit. 
Am I being pruned? 

I have found myself in a precarious situation. I give, I give, I give and am busy, busy, busy that when it comes time for me to sit, reflect, spend a little time in prayer and devotion (silence!?) I'm exhausted. There's nothing left - especially not time. 

I have grown used to this pattern - disconnected with the vine. Now that I have time on my hands I'm noticing this branch has withered. It's not what it used to be, or could be. 

In my 50x50 I'm certainly not ashamed to say that I'd like to have an extravagant passion for the Lord. And that's what I want to try to do. I want to remain a part of this vine and feel the passion of the Lord grow through me. 

"I am the vine and you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit. Apart from me you can do nothing... If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish and it will be done for you. This is my Father's wish (and to his glory) that you bear much fruit... As the Father has loved me - so have I loved you..."
John 15

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by!!