Saturday, May 28, 2011

Lazy Day

Husband returned to seminary this quarter and for the past week had to be at school fairly early. Because we attempt to be a one (running & functional) car family that meant that I had to be up early enough to take him into town before I then headed off to work.

Friday night FINALLY came around and I eagerly awaited not having to wake up at any certain time the next morning.

It would figure that I would be struck with some ridiculous cold that kept waking me up in the middle of the night. You know the kind. You wake up and you can't swallow and every time you lift your head from the pillow it feels like a bowling ball that I'm to weak to use. I tossed and turned and was mostly just angry that I wouldn't feel refreshed in the morning like I was hoping for.

Alas, I rolled around in bed for the better part of the morning telling myself "I deserve this. It was a rough week at work & I'm not feeling well..."

So today is a lazy day. A beautiful. But lazy kind of day.

Once I finally threw open the curtains this is what I saw and knew I needed to hurry and swap lenses from the usual 35mm/1.8 to the (too heavy to hold steady) 28-300/3.5-6.3 (yikes... sometimes I forget what those numbers mean, I like to pretend that it all makes sense to me though)
 and just because I thought this was fun editing...

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spring at the lake is definitely a joy. I've had a cold for over a week. It gets better but I wonder when my head will finally clear!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!!