Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Scripture & a Snapshot

I don't know about you - but I need to be told REPEATEDLY that it is not by my power. I am significantly more stressed and less energetic when I don't FIRST rely on the Lord and allow him to equip me. I skate by for the most part - on my own ability... but I'm like a rollercoaster - trying to teach kids how to understand their emotions and ride the waves with confidence and here I am being tossed to and fro by the wind.

I loved today's verse from the YouVersion Bible app. Do you have this yet? I've found it's one of the best ways I get myself to "slow down" and read the Bible... [Ugh. a slower life. that sounds amazing.]

Anyhow. I needed this reminder - I am not in control [my flesh longs to be]. And after this rough morning - it's as if God had to knock some sense into me.


{follow on facebook}


1 comment:

  1. That picture and verse together is breathtaking. Thanks for sharing. :)

    I have a book of Scriptures and prayer on my kindle that I try to read every morning before even getting out of bed. It takes discipline, but I find that it helps me to get up with a good attitude.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!!