Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Tillicum Beach Front

If you've been to Washington you know our beaches don't consist of bury your feet, bask in the sun kind of sand (at least not most beaches).... We enjoy the rocky beaches and endless days of skipping stones. I remember as kids we'd sit (for HOURS) watching my brother and dad have a 'batting competition'. They'd scour the beach until they each found their own perfect bat and would pitch themselves stones seeing who could hit the furthest. Our waterfronts don't run out of pebbles - no matter how hard they tried (no matter how long we waited). We continue these traditions into today - (first one to hit the buoy... first one to land their rock on the diving board without it bouncing into the water... first one to hit that bird)

It was a surprise to me that there was no one down at Tillicum's little beachfront (the public boat launch) last night when my pup and I went on a hunt for a few photos (and squirrels). When we arrived I actually let the beagle off her leash! (Don't tell my husband) We wandered around and snapped a few photos. It was an absolutely beautiful evening.


Just around the corner is a little creek/inlet which is a serene spot on nights like this. I wish I had brought a book so I could've gotten lost there a little while (I got lost in the lens regardless...) There are a few spots that are a little murky right now but make for some pretty fun shots.




6 comments:

  1. That second shot looks heavenly. Oh my goodness... Now I need to go take photos...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know right! So fun... I'm kind of an addict.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow these are so beautiful. Love the compositions.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the sunlight on those bubbles and pebbles. Plus the tall, classic PNW trees in the background. Great shot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you got to get out and enjoy the beautiful evening! I love that first shot-- the perspective is so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. All three of these photo are absolutely fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!!