Thursday, June 2, 2011

Fire Starter

Fire has a funny way of following me around. Growing up my parents had rental houses and one of them caught fire... I don’t remember much about the particulars on this one... but a little later in life, I’m in 3rd grade, it’s a week (or so) before Christmas and us girls are lined up like presents sleeping in front of the Christmas Tree. Our kitchen caught on fire & my brother woke us all up and we scurried out into the street in our holiday jammies to wait for the fire truck... (so I guess when you think about it, it’s not so funny). Skip forward to middle school. We traveled to Spokane to watch our boys basketball team compete in the state tournament. At our hotel, someone on the floor above us lit a plastic plant on fire. Sprinklers went off and we were evacuated in the middle of the night.

I guess I should consider myself fortunate to have made it from Middle School until now without any other serious fire related incidents.

No. I did not start the fire that caused the remains that you see below. I promise. (Nor did I start ANY of the fires mentioned above. I promise.)

But I have blogged about this “flower” once before - so when I saw this I figured it needed updating.

This could have been some kids out having fun... but who knows. Maybe someone was doing us a favor. God only knows what was living in there.... eek.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!!