Monday, October 3, 2011

Travel

Strangest post I've ever made - it's sans photo! Contradictory to the very nature of this blog. But I've just got nothin' today. Not for lack of inspiration - but for lack of time.

Thursday night Sept. 29th 11:59pm - unload the last batch of laundry into the basket to be sorted through on Monday (at least it's clean)... finish off the last bit of dirty dishes on the counter... take out the trash - one of those compulsive moments of "House needs to be [somewhat] clean before I leave for the weekend".

Friday morning, Sept. 30th 3:00am - hit the snooze alarm until I'm coherent enough at 3:30am to realize "This alarm is going off because I have a plane to catch!!"... commence running around the house like home alone. Friend is coming to pick us up at 4:00am...

Fly to San Diego. Sit in conference sessions. Worship the Lord. Learn.

Friday night Saturday morning, 1:00am Oct. 1st - hit the sack.

Saturday morning, 7:00am - Sit in conference sessions. Coffee. Worship the Lord. Coffee. Learn.

Saturday night Sunday morning, 1:30am - hit the sack... hard.

Sunday morning, 7:00am - Husband leaves earlier than me to get in line for Coffee. Sit in conference sessions. Coffee. Worship. Coffee. Learn. Coffee. Coffee.

Sunday night Monday Morning, 12:45am - wishing I could hit the sack but the plane is just now touching down in rainy (beautiful) Seattle.

Monday morning 2am - hit the sack.
Monday morning 7:30am - alarm wakes me up and beckons me to work.

I'm exhausted.

The whole time though... I've got this stuck in my head. One of the first things I heard when we arrived and it stayed circling my brain the whole weekend...

Our God is greater.
Our God is stronger.
God you are higher than any other.
Our God is healer.
Awesome in power.
Our God.
Our God...

And if our God is for us, than who could ever stop us.
And if our God is with us, than what could stand against?

To see the power of the Lord moving through a room of 2,000+ youth workers... I'd do it all over again.

4 comments:

  1. is it weird writing a post w/out pics, huh?

    i love that song!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I pray your trip was an extreme blessing..sounds like it was.. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow.. made me feel like i was at the conference with you! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is not really a bad thing to have stuck in your head. ;-)

    So nice to "meet" you!

    Leontien

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!!