Tuesday, January 3, 2012

The view from here

Man, things are always harder in the beginning. I can't see the future or where I'll be in a month so the view looks a little bleak.. To be honest it's all the "kitschy" quotes on pinterest that keep me going... "A year from now you'll wish you would have started today"... or "It always seems impossible until it's done"... HELLO? People! It's only day two and I'm exhausted! haha. I woke up early this morning to get my workout on to some exercise tv (goal!) and had to put myself back in bed for 15 minutes afterward because I was tuckered out. At least I did it though right? I'm banking on the 21 days to form a habit rule. If I can keep a goal for 21 days perhaps it will stick around for a while. 

I should add in my goals somewhere to get out and take more pictures. I've been so consumed with the portrait/family/kid baby photos that I've neglected what this blog originated as: a city daily photo. Where's my little ghetto town? I haven't posted anything from the streets in a while and hopefully I can get back to my roots! (That being said - I need some more families to shoot too before "Friday Photo Shoots" turn up empty!)

For now. Some shots from our recent Happy New Year.



2 comments:

  1. I agree, developing a new habit is difficult in the beginning, but perseverance has its reward...praying we both rely upon the Lord for His strength and encouragement...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Visiting from the link up at Communal global - And I know what you mean, I'm already feeling in a funk and it's only day three of the new year! Time to pull up those boot straps and move along I guess - wishing you luck on the habit your wishing to make...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!!